"Voltron, Defender of the Universe."
"Mom, can I watch a movie?"
"Sure. What do you want to watch, Si?"
"Voltron, Mom. Voltron, Defender of the Universe."
| Voltron. |
"What is Voltron?"
"It's a new movie on Netflix. Yoooou know! It's awesome."
"Okay, but what does Voltron do?"
"Well, there's four robots in Voltron. It's not real, but it's a cartoon. Wait, did I say four? I meant there's five - five robots. My fault. Sorry about that. Those five robot lions transform into Voltron. They work together as a team. Voltron has legs and arms and a head - and even a sword, but he still is a robot. Voltron fights giant monsters that are not robots. (Pause) Ummm, what's all that on your arm?" (referring to my hundreds of mosquito bites)
"Those are bites, Silas. Mosquito bites."
(Pauses movie)
"Oh. Let me turn on the light so I can take a better look."
(turns light on)
"Mom, we can never go to the snow and the cabins again to go camping."
"Why not?"
"Because, we can never ever go anywhere where the mosquitos will get you. We just cannot go back to the cabins, so you'll be safe forever. Maybe you can get some water or ice to make it feel better. Or, maybe a bandaid. So, pick what you want to use to make you feel better. It makes me sad." (Burp) "Love you, Mom." (Turns movie back on)
| my big, sweet boy. |
Just a two minute glimpse of life with my 5 year old. He is so in the know and ready to explain anything to me, especially the things that I, as a mommy, have no clue about in regards to "cool" things. Yet, he's still my sensitive, caring boy that always wants to protect me. I love my life with little boys. There's never a dull moment and tons of precious moments.
Oh, and for anyone that wants to see the mosquito bites, see below.
WARNING: It's NOT pretty.
0 Comments