My sleep-eating, sleep-walker.
Eli is notorious for falling asleep eating - falling asleep while he's still eating, that is. He has done this since he was a baby, sitting in his high chair. Suddenly, he'll begin to drift off. His eyes will slowly cloooose. Open halfway. Cloooose. Barely open. Cloooose. His mouth slowly, rhythmically continues to chew. Just when you think he is completely out - nope - his tiny hand will raise to his lips and feed himself another bite. His eyes remain closed, but he'll continue to chew. His head may occasionally bob down and startle him, to which the whole process will begin again. Eventually he'll stop and I have to make sure there's nothing still in his mouth.
Silas has obviously noticed because he'll often say, "Mom, Eli is going to fall asleep now because he is eating" or "Eli just ate so now he's gonna take a nap." So, he's figured if Eli doesn't fall asleep while eating, soon after he will be a goner.
Today, Eli asked for a bowl of carrots and then went to sit on the couch with his snack. After a few minutes I noticed him plop over on his side. I knew he was falling asleep, even though I couldn't see his face. I was sitting on the other side of the couch and all I could see was his little cheeks moving up and down. Suddenly, he stood up, eyes still closed. He walked directly over to the toy chest, grabbed his Disneyland bus, walked back to the same spot and laid back down. As he did this I nudged Dusty, "LOOK at him! Look at what he's doing. His eyes are closed. I think he's sleep walking." The funny thing about this is that Eli will not go to bed without a toy. Somehow, he must've known he needed one to fully rest. I have never seen him sleep walk, but about died when I witnessed this. So funny. So Eli.



2 Comments
That is awesome! Sawyer sleep talks. It's usually about monster trucks! Haha!
ReplyDeleteSo funny!! It's so weird. I forgot to mention he talks in his sleep too! I'm gonna have to watch this boy at night!! And maybe put a lock on the fridge bc he LOVES to eat :)
ReplyDelete