Early morning wake up call
It's amazing how our bodies are wired. Every single morning, just like clockwork, I hear Eli crying right around 4:20 a.m. At this point, I know to expect it, but that doesn't mean I always welcome it. This morning was one of those days where all I wanted to do is roll over and pretend I didn't hear anything. But since Silas and Eli share a room, I don't want Eli to wake up Silas so I always go in there and check on him. The good news is most mornings he will go right back to sleep. I literally walk in, give him a kiss, he sees me and lays right back down. He sticks his hands out of the rails, touches my hair and falls asleep in about 3 minutes. Let me explain why I do this. Eli is a goer! I have tried getting him out of his crib and bringing him into bed with me, but once I pull him out of his crib, he is ready to go for the day. If I don't go check on him, he will get so worked up that he wakes the entire house. So my only resolve is to sit next to the crib for a few minutes until he is out.
Well needless to say, today did not go as planned. For whatever reason, Eli was not wanting to go back to sleep. He was not crying, but just standing up kind of whimpering and saying, "ma". He cracks me up because he rarely called me "momma", just plain and simple, "ma". I was determined that I was not getting up for the day, but he was just as determined not to go back to sleep. So I grabbed a pillow and a blanket and just laid down next to his crib.
A couple hours pass. Eli finally falls asleep. Thank you! Now I can get back to sleep too. I'm just to that point where you're drifting back asleep when... *kiss, kiss*. "Hi mommy. I love you. I slept all night. Can I have some strawberry bosco and some cereal?"
"I love you too, Silas."
Well, I guess it's time to get up.
Silas doesn't really take naps anymore but Eli sure does. I can't say I won't be a tiny bit bothered when in a few hours he drifts off to his restful nap, while there's no chance I'll get that same privilege. But, thats part of being a mommy and I love my boys more than anything - even when they don't cooperate with my sleep schedule :)
Happy Sunday everyone! I hope it's a good one.
0 Comments