life lately.
Life is in full force. Gone are the more relaxing days of summer and here are the hectic days of school, after school activities, football games, birthdays {somehow our huge family has very few summer birthdays}, and the holidays are fast approaching. I'm not quite sure why time always catches me off guard. I know it's a blink, yet it still somehow surprises me. Once school starts - just woah - I find myself wishing I could slowly push on a brake - not to stop time, but just to be more present.
I am a stresser, a worrier. I get anxious. I don't like feeling like things are out of control or too busy. You see the problem here, right?
"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
I need this reminder literally in every moment. I can catch myself worrying, realize it, know what to do, and still do it anyway. "Cast all your cares upon Him", "Do not worry about you life, what you will eat or what you will drink..", "Trust in the Lord with all your heart", "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened".. My mind knows these things. Why is it so difficult for my heart to follow... to trust ... to lean on Him?
One of my biggest desires would be that I could learn to not become so overwhelmed. Even though on the outside things may seem under control, that I could not let all the little details internally stress me out. To not worry about the lists and the zillion unimportant {but in my mind seemingly very important} things get in the way of life. But rather, that I would be overwhelmed by Him. {Check this song out}
Speaking of slowing down, the boys and I have had the opportunity to get away from everything for a few days and visit my family in Texas. The was kind of a spontaneous trip, as I was able to find four very cheap tickets ... and by very cheap, I mean $315 ... for four tickets. Really, who could pass that up? And to make it even better, we totally surprised the boys. I mean, they had no idea we were coming. Dusty and I literally drove to the airport, bags packed, and said "let's go!". The only downside was Dusty couldn't really take off from work and join us. But, I was able to grab all of the boy's school work for them to complete while we were here and get a little work done here and there on the side. Plus, I had a photo session while here of some family friends, so it evened out!
We have had a great time visiting Mamaw and Papaw as well as seeing my brother, his wife, and their two kids. It's been about a year since the boy's have been in Texas, so they were really excited to be here. Here's some photos from our trip - first a few candids and low key shots from playing in the backyard and then some from a more coordinated session we did Saturday night ;)
We head home tomorrow, but are so thankful for the opportunity to visit with family, slow down a bit, and just enjoy each other! Thanks mom and dad for having us. And thanks, Jay & Lynnea for driving to see us. We love all of you!
And since I haven't blogged in quite some time, there's lots of fun stories to share, one in particular that warms my heart. Be on the lookout for more updates soon...
I am a stresser, a worrier. I get anxious. I don't like feeling like things are out of control or too busy. You see the problem here, right?
"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
I need this reminder literally in every moment. I can catch myself worrying, realize it, know what to do, and still do it anyway. "Cast all your cares upon Him", "Do not worry about you life, what you will eat or what you will drink..", "Trust in the Lord with all your heart", "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened".. My mind knows these things. Why is it so difficult for my heart to follow... to trust ... to lean on Him?
One of my biggest desires would be that I could learn to not become so overwhelmed. Even though on the outside things may seem under control, that I could not let all the little details internally stress me out. To not worry about the lists and the zillion unimportant {but in my mind seemingly very important} things get in the way of life. But rather, that I would be overwhelmed by Him. {Check this song out}
Speaking of slowing down, the boys and I have had the opportunity to get away from everything for a few days and visit my family in Texas. The was kind of a spontaneous trip, as I was able to find four very cheap tickets ... and by very cheap, I mean $315 ... for four tickets. Really, who could pass that up? And to make it even better, we totally surprised the boys. I mean, they had no idea we were coming. Dusty and I literally drove to the airport, bags packed, and said "let's go!". The only downside was Dusty couldn't really take off from work and join us. But, I was able to grab all of the boy's school work for them to complete while we were here and get a little work done here and there on the side. Plus, I had a photo session while here of some family friends, so it evened out!
We have had a great time visiting Mamaw and Papaw as well as seeing my brother, his wife, and their two kids. It's been about a year since the boy's have been in Texas, so they were really excited to be here. Here's some photos from our trip - first a few candids and low key shots from playing in the backyard and then some from a more coordinated session we did Saturday night ;)
![]() |
| Does it get any cuter? I'm partial, but this is one cuuuuute group! |
![]() |
| Mamaw & Papaw with all their grand babies. #huckasniffs |
![]() |
| Cutest little family! |
And since I haven't blogged in quite some time, there's lots of fun stories to share, one in particular that warms my heart. Be on the lookout for more updates soon...












0 Comments