our week.

We've had a bit of a different week schedule wise.  Not only was it a holiday weekend, but the week that followed took an unexpected turn.  The big boys ended up going to basketball camp, so they've mostly been with Dusty all week.  This did not bother them one bit!  I found out about it Sunday and we signed them up Monday morning.  This meant going to dad's work in the morning instead of with me, no summer daycare, a couple hours of basketball, dad taking them to lunch, then coming home to "chillax", as they would say.  I feel like I didn't see them much at all!  What this also meant was that JJ and I were by our lonesome!  

JJ didn't quite understand where his "brudders" were when we got in the car on Monday morning.  I often have to word things gracefully because if he thinks he's being left out of something -- well, let's just say it's not fun for anyone.  He just doesn't understand and it's hard to explain some situations to a newly three year old.  If Dusty ever takes the boys somewhere that he can't go, I generally just say they're going to school -- to which he happily agrees to stay home.  Clearly, the boys weren't going to school or they'd have been in the car with us.  There was no good thing to say except they were going to a different school - basketball school.  Miraculously, he was okay with this answer.

So, we rode to and from school blasting his favorite song, Radioactive.  {Yes, seriously.  A couple weeks ago Silas suggested to me that it's annoying listening to the same music over and over.  I may or may not like to plays songs or playlists on repeat.  I thought I would make Silas happy by turning on Radioactive, which he loves.  The second it ended I heard an enthusiastic scream, "AGAIN!! AGAIN!!" from JJ.  He calls it the "dragon song" because he heard Silas say it was by Imagine Dragons.  And thus has begun the replaying of the dragon song over... and over... and over.}  He kept questioning over and over, "Now we go get my brudders from school basketball?  They don't like dis school anymore?  Mrs. Elise's school?? {his teacher}"

He also talks me through the day, "I go to school and you will work.  I will eat lunch and I will not nap and you will pick my up and we will go get my brudders, Si Si and Eli? Okay?"  

He will not let me drop him off anywhere with nothing less than a ten minute goodbye, a thousand hugs, fifty kisses, and full run down of the plans for rest of the day.  Sweet boy.

I thought I'd ask the boys a few questions to get a feel of their summer so far.  I love hearing their thoughts on things.

What did you think of basketball camp?
It was good.  We played scrimmages and learned things about basketball. - Silas

I liked basketball camp because I get to practice lay ups.  -Eli

{Overhearing the question}{in a sad voice, with a sad face} Yes, but I didn't go to basketball school. - JJ

What has been your favorite thing you've done this summer?
Probably, so far, it would be basketball camp because I like playing it.  It's my favorite sport and I like learning new things about basketball.  - Silas

Going to Aquatica, because I like the tube slides.  And because I get to go with my mommy. - Eli

Umm, go to Disneyland and see the big Mack truck. - JJ

What else do you want to do this summer?
I want to go to Magic Mountain.  I'd also like getting a gjallarhorn - it's the strongest weapon in Destiny. - Silas

I want to go to Magic Mountain and ride Goliath. - Eli

To go at the mountain with Eli.  Go with Si at the mountain.  Mommy wanna come at the mountain with me and Daddy and Si and Eli?  I want to climb up the rocks and look for chocolate eggs. - JJ












Hard at work.




I am SO glad I saved so many toys in the playroom.  It's literally a toy store for JJ.  He's been showing interest in legos and boy do we have a ton!!  He was SO happy!


His pirate face.


0 Comments