to Jeremiah on your third birthday...
JJ,
We have been counting down your birthday for months now - ever since Christmas, really. Once you figured out the joy of presents and then proceeded to watch almost every single person in the family have their birthday, you've been all about it. Basically, you want LOTS of PRESENTS! Even though I've had to tell you every day that "it's not your birthday", to which you'd matter of factly respond, "okay, it's in two days, right?" - somehow, it literally just hit me that it's here. You were sound asleep on your cot at school and I realized it's the last day that I'd ever have a two year old. And of course, I wondered how fast we got here. Two is still babyish. Three... is a big boy. On your birthday last year, I sadly transitioned from calling you Baby J to JJ. Yes, I know you are no longer a baby - but you'll always be my baby. You frequently tell me, "Mommy, I not baby J. I not baby Jeremiah... I JJ!!" You know you are big and I love my big boy JJ.
You are so full of life and personality. We often wonder where you came from, because you are night and day different from your brothers. Other than the fact that you look like me - well, you are just a person all your own. You are energetic. You have a fiery personality. I think your hair is reddish, but daddy denies it {between you and me, it is.}{just look at the photos}.
You have the best manners and know how to work every ounce of charm in you. You're such a people person, but mommy is by far your favorite person. You constantly tell me, "Mommy. You mine! You my best friend." and need a play by play of exactly how each day will look. "Mommy, you will come pick my up after lunch and after a short rest and then we will go home and you will lay next to me and watch a movie on my iPad?" "Mommy, we will go to church and then you will pick my up and then we will be together." He's fine as long as he knows that Mommy is coming back. I love that you say, "you will pick MY up?" Somehow, I don't want to correct you.
You are obsessed with chocolate milk. You love yogurt and eat it at least one meal a day. You've become much pickier in your eating this year, now that you have a voice of your own. You are such a determined little guy. Disneyland is your favorite place in the world and you ask to go almost every day. Mickey Mouse is your hero. And Jake the Pirate. Your favorite show is Rescue Bots and you can name every single character. You also want to own every single character. You talk like you are ten, not three. Your vocabulary and way of speaking blows me away. You love to tell stories and want everyone listening to you at all times. You love attention. You also love to sing and will try to mimic a song even if you don't know the words. It's the cutest. Your favorite songs are "what does the fox say?", "life is a highway" {because of Cars}, and "truck yeah"... yeah, Mommy listens to Tim McGraw in the car. You love to hide from monsters and pretend that daddy is a big scary guy so you can fight him. You will play with your brothers any chance you get. You are a clean freak, going bananas if you get a drop of anything on you. You love to wash your hands. You love swimming, making s'mores, and your iPad. You were our first broken bone and it probably won't be your last. We never know what to expect with you.
JJ, you are our baby. We couldn't imagine life without you in it, because you bring us so much life. You were my most difficult labor but also the most relaxed after. I knew to really soak up those moments. Some of my most favorite moments were introducing you to your big brothers afterwards - they simply lit up. You were the completion to our family. The five of us just make sense. You are irresistibly sweet, have the most adorable freckles in the world, and a face that mommy has a hard time saying no to. You bring us so much joy and we love every ounce of you and every freckle. I am so excited for you that it's finally your big day. I wish you the happiest of birthdays. I love you forever, no matter what, Jeremiah Steven Sniff.
Love, Mommy
We have been counting down your birthday for months now - ever since Christmas, really. Once you figured out the joy of presents and then proceeded to watch almost every single person in the family have their birthday, you've been all about it. Basically, you want LOTS of PRESENTS! Even though I've had to tell you every day that "it's not your birthday", to which you'd matter of factly respond, "okay, it's in two days, right?" - somehow, it literally just hit me that it's here. You were sound asleep on your cot at school and I realized it's the last day that I'd ever have a two year old. And of course, I wondered how fast we got here. Two is still babyish. Three... is a big boy. On your birthday last year, I sadly transitioned from calling you Baby J to JJ. Yes, I know you are no longer a baby - but you'll always be my baby. You frequently tell me, "Mommy, I not baby J. I not baby Jeremiah... I JJ!!" You know you are big and I love my big boy JJ.
You are so full of life and personality. We often wonder where you came from, because you are night and day different from your brothers. Other than the fact that you look like me - well, you are just a person all your own. You are energetic. You have a fiery personality. I think your hair is reddish, but daddy denies it {between you and me, it is.}{just look at the photos}.
You have the best manners and know how to work every ounce of charm in you. You're such a people person, but mommy is by far your favorite person. You constantly tell me, "Mommy. You mine! You my best friend." and need a play by play of exactly how each day will look. "Mommy, you will come pick my up after lunch and after a short rest and then we will go home and you will lay next to me and watch a movie on my iPad?" "Mommy, we will go to church and then you will pick my up and then we will be together." He's fine as long as he knows that Mommy is coming back. I love that you say, "you will pick MY up?" Somehow, I don't want to correct you.
You are obsessed with chocolate milk. You love yogurt and eat it at least one meal a day. You've become much pickier in your eating this year, now that you have a voice of your own. You are such a determined little guy. Disneyland is your favorite place in the world and you ask to go almost every day. Mickey Mouse is your hero. And Jake the Pirate. Your favorite show is Rescue Bots and you can name every single character. You also want to own every single character. You talk like you are ten, not three. Your vocabulary and way of speaking blows me away. You love to tell stories and want everyone listening to you at all times. You love attention. You also love to sing and will try to mimic a song even if you don't know the words. It's the cutest. Your favorite songs are "what does the fox say?", "life is a highway" {because of Cars}, and "truck yeah"... yeah, Mommy listens to Tim McGraw in the car. You love to hide from monsters and pretend that daddy is a big scary guy so you can fight him. You will play with your brothers any chance you get. You are a clean freak, going bananas if you get a drop of anything on you. You love to wash your hands. You love swimming, making s'mores, and your iPad. You were our first broken bone and it probably won't be your last. We never know what to expect with you.
JJ, you are our baby. We couldn't imagine life without you in it, because you bring us so much life. You were my most difficult labor but also the most relaxed after. I knew to really soak up those moments. Some of my most favorite moments were introducing you to your big brothers afterwards - they simply lit up. You were the completion to our family. The five of us just make sense. You are irresistibly sweet, have the most adorable freckles in the world, and a face that mommy has a hard time saying no to. You bring us so much joy and we love every ounce of you and every freckle. I am so excited for you that it's finally your big day. I wish you the happiest of birthdays. I love you forever, no matter what, Jeremiah Steven Sniff.
Love, Mommy
![]() |
| The first time we met. |
![]() |
| First birthday. |
| His second birthday. |
![]() |
| Blowing out a candle at Eli's birthday... |
![]() |
| Blowing out a candle at Silas' birthday... |








0 Comments