It's been another eventful week in the Sniff house. Didn't I start my blog off just like that last weekend? Ha. I can't remember but I feel like that's what I'm always saying these days.
You guys - the holidays are B-U-S-Y! And I see no hopes of things slowing down til the new year. The week hasn't even started yet and I'm already exhausted thinking about it! Here's what it looks like so far: Dusty's work Christmas party, two photo shoots {so far}, the school Christmas play, school Christmas parties, work, life with three kids - you get the idea.
This past week entailed a sick baby, a sick mommy, four photo shoots and all the usual. Oh yeah - and a new baby. That's right! I got a new camera. A Canon 5D Mark iii. Let's just say I have fallen head over heels. It was love at first sight. How did I ever exist without it? My life is forever changed. Ha. You think I'm kidding... I am not! It's that amazing.
Now, for a the week in photos. I know you'd rather just see pic than listen to me ramble!
 |
| This was last Sunday night. I held him like this all. night. long. He was miserable. |
 |
| Monday we went to the doctor - croup! Since it's an infection, there's nothing much they can do. He got a steroid shot to help ease the swelling of his throat to make his breathing easier. |
 |
| Momma, why do I feel so bad? |
 |
| Who could resist this hat. Or the baby in the hat?! |
 |
| So, Silas was laughing hysterically on the way home from school and BEGGED for my phone so he could take this picture. Pretty darn cute, I'd say. |
 |
| brotherly love, caught in action. actually, you can catch this 95% of the time in our house. Silas adores this babe. |
 |
| My cup runneth over. |
 |
| This pose was Silas' idea. Love it. |
 |
| He finally found those feet! |
Now, time for me to get all sappy. You guys - my baby will be 6 months tomorrow! Seriously? I blinked and he's half a year. I really don't know how this happens, but I guess the only thing I can do is embrace it, because it's definitely happening. Although I'm sad the time is flying so quickly, we are absolutely in love with this little bug. He gets more fun by the day, I think. Oh, and cuter. This kid is practically edible, he's so cute. Silas is always saying, "MOM! I just can't take it!!!" I am constantly asking Si to settle down, to stop kissing the baby or stop getting the baby so wound up because I need him to go to sleep. Silas literally cannot handle it. He gets joy out of making his baby laugh or smile, holding him, getting his attention, etc. Si is head over heels in love with his baby, and the feeling is mutual, let me tell ya. If Silas walks in the room, Jeremiah goes bananas. It's the sweetest.
At six months, Jeremiah is alllllmost sitting up on his own {he can do it briefly, but I would never leave him there}, is eating rice cereal on occasion, follows us with his eyes across the room and gets excited when someone enters a room or sad when someone leaves a room, laughs out loud, is constantly "talking", grabs at everything, puts everything in his mouth, has rolled over but doesn't choose to often, adores Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, prefers for me to hold him on my hip so he can see everything {unless he's tired}, and many more things. Mostly, he's stinkin' adorable. Dusty and I joked at church once that anyone that sees us with him would probably think he's our first child since we think everything he does is so cute and wonderful and because of the way we're constantly oooooing and awwwing over him.
Jeremiah-
I love, love, love you. You fill my days with laughter and joy. With each passing day, I love you more and more - how is this even possible?! You are the perfect completion to our family and add so much more than words could ever say. You have brought us even closer together, as we all mutually adore you. It's almost ridiculous how much you are loved. Sometimes I joke that we are obsessed with you. You've brought more joy and love than I ever could have imagined. There is no world without you in it. You are our "bug", our "baby Jay", and you light up every room. It's been THE greatest 6 months ever and I can't wait for a lifetime of creating more memories with you.
Love, Mommy
Here'a a few photos from a shoot I did yesterday. Is this child not a doll?!
0 Comments