happy half birthday.

Dusty's family has a tradition where they celebrate 1/2 birthdays.  On that 1/2 birthday, the baby gets to try ice cream.  

I had never heard of anything like this and quite simply thought it to be an excuse to feed the baby ice-cream.  As a first time, neurotic mom that eyed her child across the room to make sure no one ever snuck him the slightest taste of food, ice cream was a stretch.  Oh, how I love first time moms. Ha!  I laugh at so many of the things I did/thought/concerned myself with that I look at now as just plain silly.  

And here I am the third time around, barely able to contain my excitement to see how baby J would fair with his ice cream.  I just knew he'd love it.

Today is his half birthday.  Happy half birthday little man!!  So yesterday, we celebrated said birthday. We kind of cheated and gave him his first taste at Souplantation during lunch.  Boy was he ever excited.  His arms were flapping, he had an ear to ear grin and was laughing out loud at points.  Talk about a sugar high - this kid was going bananas!  It. was. awesome.  He had all four of us cracking up laughing during lunch.

Last night we went over to Dusty's parents for the "official" celebration where we had cupcakes and ice cream.  Okay, he didn't have a cupcake {well, maybe a teeny taste of the icing} but enjoyed a little more ice cream.  He partied it up for his 1/2 birthday ;)

I gave my speech in my post yesterday about how I cannot believe he is ALREADY 6 months old.  So, I'll save you from another sob story and just post a few photos from last night!  Enjoy.

And, I hope you have the happiest half birthday ever, Jeremiah!  

What's going on?
singing to the birthday boy.

this is serious business.
woah.  that. was. yum.



0 Comments