As I said in my previous post - you can make plans, but that means nothing. The boys were so exciting about their "Thanksgiving vacation". I have a feeling Silas will go back to school tomorrow and when asked, respond, "I didn't do anything during my vacation." And that, my friends, would be fact.
We had big plans. Plans to make another overnight trip to Disneyland {our second home} so the boys could see the park decorated for Christmas. Epic fail. Our house has had at least one person sick for the past 8 days. Luckily, the baby and I have escaped {so far} but that means, we have done nothing. Nada.
Really, it has been kind of nice to have some down time - no schedule, no 4:00 a.m. wake up, no work, no craziness. That has been nice - and very welcome. So, I guess I'll stop whining and be thankful for that. Really, I'm just bummed about Disney - but you all know we will make it probably in the next week -- we just will. That's what we do.
So Dusty woke up sick yesterday and the boys were going stir crazy, I could tell. {We are thinking he has strep and have an appointment this morning!} After a trip to Rite Aid for some throat lozenges, Chloraseptic spray, 7-Up, ingredients for chicken noodle soup and some donuts for the boys, I decided to take them to McDonald's to eat lunch and play. Big outing, I know! But hey, it's better than nothing! I had a photo shoot planned for the afternoon, so this was the best I could do. {Most amazing mom award goes to ME ;) }
 |
| three boys at McD's |
 |
| This is out of order, but this is a sock monkey outfit I got for a photo shoot with little bit. |
 |
| Smile. |
 |
| Blowing bubbles and watching brothers play on the playground. |
 |
| Eli with his specialty order - a hamburger with extra pickles. That's my boy! Mommy always has fun orders too!! This boy LOVES pickles. |
 |
| Watching my little roly poly. |
 |
So happy, again, watching his brothers play. This bug loves to be outside!!
And now, for a sneak peek of the photo session I had yesterday afternoon. I met this family during t-ball. Remember Silas' AMAZING t-ball experience that he just couldn't get enough of??! Yes, well something good came out of that! I met this sweet family. {Oh, and believe it or not, Silas is requesting I sign him up again. He says he "MISSES BASEBALL." Uhhh huh. That's hilarious.}
I was optimistic, but not sure how this session would go with 4 kids, including 5 month old twins {She and I were two weeks apart!}. I was pleasantly surprised at how smoothly this session went --it was easy as pie! And talk about photogenic!! The Lipsey's made my job easy - I mean, they're just stunning. We arrived to our location and I was slightly thrown for a loop when there was another photographer there. This is my newest find and I've never seen anyone else there, as it is an abandoned property way out in Jamul. It changed my plans just a bit, but hey - I am adaptable :)
I had a blast photographing this gorgeous family. Here's a few photos from our session:
|
0 Comments