life update, part two.

300,000 views a day.

280 million views just last year.  

Hold that thought.

You guys, the average American spends 10 hours and 39 minutes a day on some form of media.  Smart phones.  Television.  Radio.  Gaming consoles.  We are consumed with so much content, do we even know what we care about anymore?  This is mind numbing to me.  And I am preaching to the choir, my friends.  

Please bear with me for just a moment.  Because Dusty and I just experienced four life changing days and trust me, I don't say that lightly.  If you've ever read a single post I've written or just skimmed through, this would be the one I would plead with you to read.  Anyone that knows my story knows that my heart was stirred at a very young age for missions.  For the Great Commission.  Before Jesus ascended into heaven, what were his final words?
"You shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.

Obviously we cannot all go to the ends of the earth, right?  But you know those statistics above?  Those were regarding The Jesus Film.  Huh?  What?  Yes.  Dusty and I just recently heard about what The Jesus Film Project was doing.  That old film that I saw when I was a kid.... the one that was made in 1979?  Yes, that one.  You mean it still exists?  Yes.  You guys, I just sat for four days listening to story after story, testimony after testimony of how The Jesus film is changing lives all over the world.  And for the most part, no one I know has any comprehension of the HUGE impact it is having on people groups all. over. the. world.  OR, the challenge ahead.

Do you know how many languages exist in the world today?
Close to 7,000.

Do you know how many people are alive in the world today?
7 billion.

Of those 7 billion, 5 billion are unbelievers.

Of those 5 billion, 1 billion are unreached.  Of those 5 billion, 2 billion are illiterate.  Even if they had the Bible in their language, they wouldn't be able to read it.  They will only be reached by audio or visual means.  

The Jesus Film has been translated into 1,542 languages.  So. many. more. to. go.

Awareness, you guys.  If you heard the stories, saw the impact, or could go and see the transformational work of this film, I would challenge you to not be moved.  For your heart to not be stirred.  This film is taking the gospel to the ends of the earth.  

The Bible makes it clear when Jesus will come again.

"And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come."  Matthew 24:14

In Heaven, there will be people from all nations and tongues.

"After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands."  Revelation 7:9

So, where am I going with all this?  Well, we've got some exciting opportunities ahead.  The past four days we have met with the leadership of The Jesus Film Project in Lake Tahoe (which is a ministry of Campus Crusade, or Cru). They have decided to partner with us to create a short film that will launch March 25, 2018, on Palm Sunday.  The goal of this film is to tell the story to the American church of how God is moving right now around the world.  We are creating a campaign titled, ‘Show Jesus’ and are beginning to attach some Christian influencers to help share the film.  God is everywhere in our story and in many ways we feel like this is what we was created to do. This project is much bigger than us, but God has placed people in our lives who may be able to help.  We need your encouragement and your participation.  Please be thinking about how you may be led to help in the next couple of months.  But most of all, pray.  

To be continued.  More to come!

Our babes in Lake Tahoe.

1 Comments

  1. Soooo exciting !!!! g
    God is good ! Also happy to hear your still here! Please keep us posted and WELCOME HOME !

    ReplyDelete