life update...

Well, life's not slowing down - that's for sure.  Time is a funny, funny thing.  Last year at this time, the days felt more like years and I distinctly remember waking up some mornings in tears, convinced that my pregnancy would never be over. Fast forward a year, and it seems like the past nine months have literally been a blink.  {blink.}

We have been in full gear since school began.  I am convinced it takes a minimum of six weeks to adjust to getting over summer, beginning the year with a new teacher, establishing {all over again} the routine of coming home and completing homework, and just dealing with the exhaustion.  Poor kids.  It's brain overload.  For JJ, Kinder has been amazing, and yet he's been an emotional disaster the instant his foot steps out that classroom door.  Fourth grade is one of the toughest transitional years {so I'm told} and I one hundred percent agree.  I saw it with Silas last year, and now Eli.  Overall they are doing so well and loving their classes, but again, it takes some time to get into that groove.  

I went back to work in the office.  I worked from home with Eva & JJ for 8 months and now am working part-time back at the school.  Grammy picks the boys up in the morning and I head in with Eva around 10:30 a.m.  Eva has a sitter that watches her over in the preschool while I work until 3:00.  It's honestly the best of both worlds.  I have my mornings with her and am still able to be at the school with the boys.  I take a break halfway through the day to visit with her and feed her and she is loving Miss Lily.  They're quickly becoming bff's.  

Eli started flag football.  JJ is taking piano.  Silas is in a coding/robotics class once a week.  Eva is almost crawling and eating anything and everything we give her.  They are all growing like weeds.  Silas has grown an inch just since last month.  We were looking at the calendar this morning talking through the month of October and by the looks of it, it's going to be November basically tomorrow!  Ha!  So. much. going. on.

I'm hoping to get back to blogging.  I was thinking about it the other day and realizing {though life has been well documented through photos}, I have been MIA on the blog for quite some time other than big events & birthdays.  We have a lot more going on and some potentially exciting things ahead.  Stay tuned! ;)

JJ's first chapel!  The Kinders performed for both chapels :) 
little artist. 
Eli in 4th grade. 
Silas in 5th grade. 
Eva really enjoyed chapel too! 
Eli Jackson is number 28.  He picked that because it's his birthday! 
The Queen. 
prettiest girl in all the land. 
This was at her first big girl party.  My little princess. 
My heart beat.

0 Comments