to Jeremiah on your 4th birthday,
My sweet JJ,
It's so hard to wrap my head around the fact that you are four! Four going on fourteen, that is. You talk like you're big, your age changes every time someone asks you {I've even heard you tell someone twelve}, and all you want to do is be big like your brothers. Well, sweet boy - you are. You are so big.
When I think of you, the first word that comes to my mind is life. You are so full of life. You are energetic, you never stop talking or asking questions, and you are the life of the party. You get attention wherever you go - school, the grocery store, the doctor - it doesn't matter. I think you surprise people not only with how well spoken you are, but your over the top sense of humor. You are our little comedian. Mr. Personality.
Your favorite food is yogurt and your favorite drink, chocolate milk. Not a day passes that you don't consume both! You love rescue bots, paw patrol, and peppa pig. Your iPad is your best friend and you ask to download a new app every two minutes. You want to load another game before you've even opened the newest one. You are a connoisseur of shoes. You have been particular about shoes since you were a baby and would cry when I would take them off. I had to wait until you were asleep to even dare removing them. I can take you to the store and you'll find something wrong with 20 different pairs - "these are too big", "these are too small", "these are not fast shoes", etc. It makes me smile just thinking about it. You never stop talking. Ever. You have something to say about everything and even talk in your sleep. You are already reading so well and love to learn. You love music and love to dance. You, my friend, have some moves. Your favorite song is "what does the fox say." You won't go to sleep without your "baby", a little pillow Grammy brought back from Paris. You have a smile that lights up the room and your laughter is contagious. You have the cutest giggle in the world. You love to play "daddy monster" and pretend daddy is getting you. You tell me every day, "you are my best friend", "I miss you", "let's snuggle". You are my little love bug. Your brothers and daddy are also your "best friends" and you look up to them so much.
This year, you will be a big brother. I was kinda terrified to tell you this news, but you have embraced it like a champ. You go around telling everyone you meet, "I am going to be a big brother. I am having a baby. A baby sister. We are naming her lamp post." You will not budge on the fact that it is a sister. Or that her name is lamp post. You told me you have enough brothers.
I seriously love you. You make my heart smile everyday and we have a bond like super glue. You will always be my baby boy, even though you don't like for me to say that! I know, I know -- you are big!
When I pray for you, I pray that God will use your adventurous, joyful spirit for His glory. I pray for your heart to be tender and open to God and you will focus all that BIG energy on Him. I pray your heart is continually opened, your spirit softened, and for the day you accept Him as your Savior. I already love listening to your sweet prayers and reading your Bible with you at night. I thank God for you daily and couldn't imagine a world without you in it. I never could have imagined the love, the joy, the humor, the life, you would bring to our family. I fell in love with you the moment you were placed in my arms, and continue to do so with each passing day. I love you always and forever, "not nebber" {never}, no matter what! I don't even have the words... just, I adore you.
All my heart,
Mom
It's so hard to wrap my head around the fact that you are four! Four going on fourteen, that is. You talk like you're big, your age changes every time someone asks you {I've even heard you tell someone twelve}, and all you want to do is be big like your brothers. Well, sweet boy - you are. You are so big.
When I think of you, the first word that comes to my mind is life. You are so full of life. You are energetic, you never stop talking or asking questions, and you are the life of the party. You get attention wherever you go - school, the grocery store, the doctor - it doesn't matter. I think you surprise people not only with how well spoken you are, but your over the top sense of humor. You are our little comedian. Mr. Personality.
Your favorite food is yogurt and your favorite drink, chocolate milk. Not a day passes that you don't consume both! You love rescue bots, paw patrol, and peppa pig. Your iPad is your best friend and you ask to download a new app every two minutes. You want to load another game before you've even opened the newest one. You are a connoisseur of shoes. You have been particular about shoes since you were a baby and would cry when I would take them off. I had to wait until you were asleep to even dare removing them. I can take you to the store and you'll find something wrong with 20 different pairs - "these are too big", "these are too small", "these are not fast shoes", etc. It makes me smile just thinking about it. You never stop talking. Ever. You have something to say about everything and even talk in your sleep. You are already reading so well and love to learn. You love music and love to dance. You, my friend, have some moves. Your favorite song is "what does the fox say." You won't go to sleep without your "baby", a little pillow Grammy brought back from Paris. You have a smile that lights up the room and your laughter is contagious. You have the cutest giggle in the world. You love to play "daddy monster" and pretend daddy is getting you. You tell me every day, "you are my best friend", "I miss you", "let's snuggle". You are my little love bug. Your brothers and daddy are also your "best friends" and you look up to them so much.
This year, you will be a big brother. I was kinda terrified to tell you this news, but you have embraced it like a champ. You go around telling everyone you meet, "I am going to be a big brother. I am having a baby. A baby sister. We are naming her lamp post." You will not budge on the fact that it is a sister. Or that her name is lamp post. You told me you have enough brothers.
I seriously love you. You make my heart smile everyday and we have a bond like super glue. You will always be my baby boy, even though you don't like for me to say that! I know, I know -- you are big!
When I pray for you, I pray that God will use your adventurous, joyful spirit for His glory. I pray for your heart to be tender and open to God and you will focus all that BIG energy on Him. I pray your heart is continually opened, your spirit softened, and for the day you accept Him as your Savior. I already love listening to your sweet prayers and reading your Bible with you at night. I thank God for you daily and couldn't imagine a world without you in it. I never could have imagined the love, the joy, the humor, the life, you would bring to our family. I fell in love with you the moment you were placed in my arms, and continue to do so with each passing day. I love you always and forever, "not nebber" {never}, no matter what! I don't even have the words... just, I adore you.
All my heart,
Mom














0 Comments