to Silas on your 10th birthday...
Silas,
Happy tenth birthday, sweet boy.
Ten. Did I really just say that... ten? That's double digits. A decade. Ten amazing years of knowing you, of being your mom, of discovering the amazing person God created in YOU! Ten years of learning, growing, discovery -- of life! And what an amazing life you have lived thus far. You live in San Diego {and I must mention you have been quoted as saying you are tired of living in such a beautiful place} and you dream of traveling the world. Life - and by life, I mean experiences, places, knowledge - fascinates you. You have a thirst for knowledge and love to know how things work and why. You want to experience the world around you, not just exist in it.
You are brilliant. Your mind will forever fascinate me.
God gifted you with a sensitive, tender heart that loves and cares deeply. I'm not sure I will ever quite understand the relationship you and Eli have, and you were absolutely the very best of friends from day one. You are an amazing big brother, even though your littlest bro might drive you a little insane at times - you know, the one you prayed for for over a year! He looks up to you in a way you will never understand and I love the way you love him.
You are super quirky, funny, and have the best sense of humor. Your understanding is way beyond your ten years, which makes it so you love conversing with adults. And let's be honest, you do love a captive audience.
You love God and His Word, which is the most important thing. I have watched you grow leaps and bounds this year, having seen your faith increase and diligent prayers answered. I love every part of the journey with you, even the heart aches, because it draws you closer to Him.
Really, I could go on and on about how great you are and how much we all love you. I kinda wanted to do a little something different this year, so I made you this video. I may or may not have cried during the process, which you'll probably think is hilarious. One day, my sweet boy, you will understand. But for now, I pray over you this year. I thank God for your ten years of life and in this next year, I pray that your relationship with God will grow deeper, your friendships more meaningful, and that you will more and more see yourself how God sees you. I pray that you will use your strengths to serve Him and find purpose in who He created YOU to be. You are so uniquely you and so perfectly Silas. You are abundantly loved, and I pray you will know that. You are loved by God and loved by us. Never doubt that.
I pray you soar this next year!
With all my heart,
Mom
Happy tenth birthday, sweet boy.
Ten. Did I really just say that... ten? That's double digits. A decade. Ten amazing years of knowing you, of being your mom, of discovering the amazing person God created in YOU! Ten years of learning, growing, discovery -- of life! And what an amazing life you have lived thus far. You live in San Diego {and I must mention you have been quoted as saying you are tired of living in such a beautiful place} and you dream of traveling the world. Life - and by life, I mean experiences, places, knowledge - fascinates you. You have a thirst for knowledge and love to know how things work and why. You want to experience the world around you, not just exist in it.
You are brilliant. Your mind will forever fascinate me.
God gifted you with a sensitive, tender heart that loves and cares deeply. I'm not sure I will ever quite understand the relationship you and Eli have, and you were absolutely the very best of friends from day one. You are an amazing big brother, even though your littlest bro might drive you a little insane at times - you know, the one you prayed for for over a year! He looks up to you in a way you will never understand and I love the way you love him.
You are super quirky, funny, and have the best sense of humor. Your understanding is way beyond your ten years, which makes it so you love conversing with adults. And let's be honest, you do love a captive audience.
You love God and His Word, which is the most important thing. I have watched you grow leaps and bounds this year, having seen your faith increase and diligent prayers answered. I love every part of the journey with you, even the heart aches, because it draws you closer to Him.
Really, I could go on and on about how great you are and how much we all love you. I kinda wanted to do a little something different this year, so I made you this video. I may or may not have cried during the process, which you'll probably think is hilarious. One day, my sweet boy, you will understand. But for now, I pray over you this year. I thank God for your ten years of life and in this next year, I pray that your relationship with God will grow deeper, your friendships more meaningful, and that you will more and more see yourself how God sees you. I pray that you will use your strengths to serve Him and find purpose in who He created YOU to be. You are so uniquely you and so perfectly Silas. You are abundantly loved, and I pray you will know that. You are loved by God and loved by us. Never doubt that.
I pray you soar this next year!
With all my heart,
Mom





0 Comments