celebrating thankfulness.
Thanksgiving Break.
The boys haven't even showered today. I have no where to be and no desire to even leave the house for that matter. Granted, I still have a bit of work to do from home, but I can live with that. I'm not sure time off has ever felt so welcoming. Don't get me wrong -- I always love a good break, but this one was needed. And I am ever so thankful for it.
We don't have all that much on the agenda. Dusty plans to take the big boys skiing, I have several photo sessions, we will celebrate our big family Thanksgiving on Thursday ... and other than that, who even knows?
The boys had their Thanksgiving Feast at school last Friday. I love every event. In fact, I say every event is my favorite, as each is special in it's own way. The feast is no exception. It's such a beautiful celebration and it warms my heart every year. We begin the day with an all school chapel, followed by a traditional Thanksgiving meal in every classroom, and then a Turkey Bowl for 3rd-8th grades in the afternoon. This was Silas' first year to participate and even though he was hesitant and didn't want to, I was happy he stepped out on the field and gave it a try.
In each classroom before eating their meal, the students go around the room to say what they're thankful for. I love it. I anxiously await what the boys will say.
JJ - "daddy."
Okay, I'm not gonna lie. I was kinda thinking... what? Thanks. But, it was sweet and I just laughed to myself. I asked him about it later. "JJ, what did you say you were thankful for?" He told me, "I said daddy. I missed him. I'm thankful for mommy and daddy. I love you, Mom." Okay, good save.
Eli - "I'm thankful for my family, my food, and my water."
I love him. Enough said.
Silas - "Thank you for a great house and delicious food. Thank you for my friends and family and great video games. You are amazing. Thank you for a great life because you are my Savior. I hope you all have a great day."
I love his heart and his sweet spirit. And I even love that he said video games :)
The boys haven't even showered today. I have no where to be and no desire to even leave the house for that matter. Granted, I still have a bit of work to do from home, but I can live with that. I'm not sure time off has ever felt so welcoming. Don't get me wrong -- I always love a good break, but this one was needed. And I am ever so thankful for it.
We don't have all that much on the agenda. Dusty plans to take the big boys skiing, I have several photo sessions, we will celebrate our big family Thanksgiving on Thursday ... and other than that, who even knows?
The boys had their Thanksgiving Feast at school last Friday. I love every event. In fact, I say every event is my favorite, as each is special in it's own way. The feast is no exception. It's such a beautiful celebration and it warms my heart every year. We begin the day with an all school chapel, followed by a traditional Thanksgiving meal in every classroom, and then a Turkey Bowl for 3rd-8th grades in the afternoon. This was Silas' first year to participate and even though he was hesitant and didn't want to, I was happy he stepped out on the field and gave it a try.
In each classroom before eating their meal, the students go around the room to say what they're thankful for. I love it. I anxiously await what the boys will say.
JJ - "daddy."
Okay, I'm not gonna lie. I was kinda thinking... what? Thanks. But, it was sweet and I just laughed to myself. I asked him about it later. "JJ, what did you say you were thankful for?" He told me, "I said daddy. I missed him. I'm thankful for mommy and daddy. I love you, Mom." Okay, good save.
Eli - "I'm thankful for my family, my food, and my water."
I love him. Enough said.
Silas - "Thank you for a great house and delicious food. Thank you for my friends and family and great video games. You are amazing. Thank you for a great life because you are my Savior. I hope you all have a great day."
I love his heart and his sweet spirit. And I even love that he said video games :)














1 Comments
I am so thankful for each one of you. I am grateful to have a daughter who is such an amazing mother. I cherish the captured moments of these events and remember fondly the two Thanksgiving Feasts I have been blessed to attend. God is so good !
ReplyDelete