sniff family update.

I mean, where do you even begin when you haven't blogged in months?  We had a b-u-s-y summer, you guys.  I practically blinked and it was over.  Me + not blogging should tell ya something!   

Today, we wrapped up our third week of school.  {yes, already!} {sigh}



I have a bunny {that means an adorable little one in the two year old class}, a first grader, and a second grader.  I'm pretty much in denial of this fact.  Although, I'm desperately trying to embrace it.

In lieu of the fact that we fell off the radar, I thought it'd be fun to give a short update on my three little men.

JJ: As stated, JJ started school this summer.  It was quite the transition, only taking 9 weeks for him to adjust.  This momma wasn't sure how much more I could take.  I mean we had nine weeks of full on melt-downs, clinginess, crying and pleading to "stay momma", and the list goes on.  It was nothing short of heart-breaking.  But, I finally got my little sweetie back and of course, experienced that bittersweet moment where he ran into class without even glancing back.  One day this week he even asked, "Go see Ms. Jen-fur?" {Ms. Jennifer, his teacher}, and "I wanna go my new classroom."  I mean, had we not had such a looooong summer, I'd probably have sobbed that he actually wanted to go, but I was pretty much jumping for joy at this point.

This child is our little ham.  He is quite the little talker and I can't even believe the conversations that we have with him.  Some of my favorite things are: 

* he prefers to say "yup" and "nope" as opposed to "yes" and "no".
* he says phrases such as "I'm not sure" or "I don't care" and if you ask him why, he knows to say, "because..."
* the other night he asked me for something and I told him, "in a minute" and he replied, "I say to you mommy, go ahead, honey.  Just go ahead."  
* he periodically says, "I love you mommy" and "Mommy is my friend".
* he loves to fight and/or give "love attacks"
* he is obsessed with his shoes and I have only recently convinced him that we do not sleep in shoes.
* his favorite show is "Jake and the Neverland Pirates"
* sometimes in the evenings he watches "Seventh Heaven" with me and he can sing almost every single word.  he thinks it's hilarious and proceeds to giggle hysterically.
* he loves to snuggle and often asks, "Mommy lay JJ?"

After school one day.  What a mess! 
His first "official" day of school at the new campus.
Let's do this!
Circle time.


Eli: This sweet boy is a first grader and is loving it.  He has such a fun and amazing teacher and I sneak peeks into his classroom quite frequently and gotta say - he's rocking first grade.  I am so proud of my sweet boy.  He is reading like a pro, excels in math {even beating everyone in around the world} and loves playing with Silas on the playground.

He is a self proclaimed black belt, he loves Minecraft, and has an unending obsession with losing his first tooth {I have to check his teeth every single day}.  He's is one of the kindest, most selfless souls I know.  He would give you the shirt off his back and he blows me away at his capacity to love.

Here's a quick update from the man himself.

"Hey E, how's it going?"
"I'm going good.  Well, umm, umm, today I had a good day.  And well, I like first grade because, well, my teacher says that, well actually, my teacher is really nice.  I like to learn math.  My favorite game is captain's coming that we play at school.  That's pretty much it."
"What are you excited about?"
"I'm excited about next year."
"What was your favorite part about summer?"
"I think it would be swimming."



Silas: Child genius.  He's already over my head 99.9% of the time.  He loves school and began second grade this year.  He loves science, history and his newfound love is cursive.  He is working so diligently and wow - it's amazing.  The child loves puns and gets a kick out of making them all day long asking, "Did you get that pun, mom?".  He is a self proclaimed "apple technology genius" and really, it's pretty much true.  He loves video games, documentaries, and spending every minute of his day with Eli.  He still melts my heart wanting to spend time with me, not too cool for his just momma yet.  

And an update from our little tech guy.

"Hey Si, how's it going?"
"Uh, good."
"What are you excited about?"
"Destiny.  I am excited about Destiny coming out because it's a really fun game.  It's made by one of my favorite gaming companies, Bungie.  I've been waiting for a long time.  I'm also really, really, really excited about the new products that Apple will be releasing the same day that Destiny comes out, which is September 9th!!!!!"
"What was your favorite part about summer?"
"I liked Vegas.  It was fun because we got to go to a nice hotel, we got to be together, and it was fun."
"Anything else?"
"DESTINY is great!!!!!!"


last year versus this year.
{sob, sob}




They love each other, so much.
I can't even take it!

So, there you have our quick update.  The boys are doing great and we are slowly but surely adjusting out of our summer schedule and getting into the swing of things at school.  We are looking forward to fall and all that it entails!  We may have to add some photos a day in soon so the blog stays more frequent ;)  

{And finally, if you didn't have a chance to check out their first day of school video, see it here.}


1 Comments

  1. I am so thankful for these boys-each one of them has a part of my heart. You describe them so perfectly. Each one is uniquely gifted by God and I look forward to seeing how God works in their lives.

    ReplyDelete