life lately.

"MOM!!", greeted a happy little Eli with an ear to ear grin.  "Christmas isn't about presents.  Or Santa!  IT'S ABOUT JESUS!"

His face was so radiant and beaming, he looked as if he could burst.

"Yes, it is, handsome.  It's all about Jesus."

I love that he knows this and that it was the very first thing he wanted to tell me when he saw me.

Our kids definitely believe in Santa and their little mischievous Elfie {Elf on the Shelf}, but despite all the "fun", they know what CHRISTmas is really about.  I don't think it has to be one or the other, but that's just my opinion.  I wasn't quite sure Silas would still be into the whole fantasy ideas this year regarding a certain jolly man that brings gifts on his sleigh, but he totally is.  And personally, I love it.  I love that he can still be little and live in the wonder of it.  I equally love reading the Bible, listening to all the Christmas music and having amazing conversations about Jesus, His birth, and why He came.    

I cannot wait until tomorrow night, as the boys have their annual Christmas play.   I've gotten a sneak peek already {since I work at the school}, but it melts my heart every time.  No doubt, I'll be posting video and photos, so be on the look out!  

And with that, here's a few photos of life lately:

Here, the boys were watching the movie, "Elf on the Shelf
buddies. 
Our church held a Christmas concert this past Sunday and had a photo booth set up.  Love it.
p.s.  J is losing his baby look ;(  He looked like Eli for so long and now I think he's getting his own little look.  Now that he's losing the baby cheeks, I'm seeing more Dusty's shape face, but still looking more like me.  Oh, and that red hair.  Who knows where that came from? 
Making sushi. 
Yum!  We LOVE sushi.  Silas claims it as his favorite food. 
Cooking together has become our new thing.  He is THE BEST sous chef.
Oh, and he made his roll completely on his own!
He makes a mean fried rice, also.  I can now give him instructions and he can follow, step by step, basically on his own.
As Baby J would say, "Oh no!"
Elfie got into some trouble.  Some evil villains told him, "This is OUR house.  Stand down, Elf.
He responded the next night by placing them in his homemade jail - from a pop tart box!  Clever little Elf.
another example of big boy J.  What are we going to call him now??
I mean, how long as we say, "Baby J"?
I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm sad.  Very sad.

3 Comments

  1. Cute pics!! Your family is so adorable!! Such happy boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics!! Your family is so adorable!! Such happy boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steph! How are you guys? Hope all is well :) You have some cuties, yourself!!

    ReplyDelete