i wanna be thankful.

This time of year gets to me.  I cannot tell you how many times lately I've been driving to or from work in tears.  Happy tears.  Thankful tears.  In awe tears.  Grateful tears.  As I drove to school this morning, on our way to our annual Thanksgiving Feast - I lost it.   In light of Thanksgiving and even Christmas coming up, so many fruitful and amazing conversations have taken place in my car lately.  I love the deep discussions about faith, Christianity, Jesus, and the reason for the season - that all come up because of things they are learning at school, at church, and at home.  I very much realize how blessed I am to have the job that I have and the school that my children get to attend.  It truly blows me away.

Eli had an epiphany the other day.  He was so frustrated with himself, I about died.  It's hysterical to watch him do anything anyway, but this was classic.  He said, "MOM.  All this time -- I thought Thanksgiving was about loving people.  And, well, it iiiiis.  Buuuut, it's about GOD.  It's about being thankful to God for EVERYthing... and loving people."  It was this "aha" moment with him.  It's all about God.  How true is that?

So, as I took some video of chapel and of the boy's individual classroom celebrations, I literally fought back the tears.  I am so thankful for my faith, for my children's faith, for my freedom, for His grace, for the cross, for my God.  

Watch this little snippet here of what I get to see on an every day basis.  A true blessing, indeed.

Look how blessed I am!





0 Comments