things i love monday.
Oh Monday. You snuck up on me again. You’re extra great today because I got very little sleep and I had to be at work extra early today. Yay.
That being said, here goes…
“things I love Monday”
1. Macaroni and Cheese Steamers: This was a HUGE love of mine during my pregnancy. I typically eat super healthy. But while I was pregnant, I had some real cravings for all things bad, i.e. pizza, macaroni & cheese, corn dogs, chili fries, etc. etc. I rarely succumbed to said cravings, but I sure as heck wanted to devour them. Food was pretty much the only thing on my mind. Needless to say, I came upon this amazing genius in a microwaveable bag that I ate almost daily. You got it - daily. 250 calories of pure bliss. These will always be in my freezer. Hands down.
2. Eli Jackson: Dusty and I frequently shake our heads and say, “there’s only one Eli Jackson…” This is the cutest 42 inch, 35 pound little bundle of energy that you’ve ever met. Seriously - you have to experience Eli. I don’t know how to explain him - in fact, that’s why I’m kind of at a loss for words. You never know what will come out of his mouth, but can be assured it will most likely be down right hilarious. He has a crazy vocabulary and uses it. He is THE most random little guy in the world and when we are around other people, we’re almost a little nervous WHAT will come out of that little mouth {never bad, just ya really never know}. He just moved up to a new preschool class and I cannot tell you how many of his new teachers have stopped me to tell me some crazy story {while cracking up laughing} completely in awe of the little guy. There is no world without Eli Jackson. Everyone that is lucky enough to experience him is blessed.
3. Insanity: Yes, I know people think I’m nuts - but, I LOVE it {obviously, that’s why it made the list!} It is challenging, but I feel so great. I love being able to pop in a dvd and get my workout in before the kids are even up, starting my day out right. I’m unable to go to the gym or for a run because I obviously can’t just leave the kids and with my work schedule, it’s easier to get my workout done first thing. It’s super convenient and I loved watching my pregnancy pounds melt off {literally} {you sweat buckets}.
4. Boba smoothies: love, love, LOVE. I first had these in Thailand and became obsessed. It wasn’t until awhile later that I found a Thai restaurant that had them. And eventually, they started popping up all over the place. It is literally a party in your mouth. I want one…NOW! Delish, amazing, spectacular, the best smoothie experience ever. Need I go on? Try one.
5. Rock N’ Play Sleeper: Umm, two words: life saver. This is the best $20 craigslist investment ever. My child, who wakes up every 5 minutes has been sleeping for over 2 hours in it. It rocks, is super compact and small, and fits quite nicely {perfectly, actually} by my desk. Now I need one for home.
6. Morning Snuggles: Okay, anytime snuggles. If I told you how many hours a day I spend snuggling or staring at my boys, you’d find it ridiculous. Of course I love them all the same, but lately I cannot get enough of my little man. I stare at that perfect little face, ten tiny fingers and ten tiny toes - I simply cannot get over the miracle of God’s creation. Or the innocence. This wee little babe is truly a miracle. LOVE him.

0 Comments