A Photo Shoot and A Popcorn Party

Wow - do you ever just have one of those weeks? It's been nothing short of chaotic and I'm so relieved tomorrow is Friday. This afternoon I had a little photo shoot that seriously made my week. A friend from work asked me to take some photos of her and her daughter, Mia. Mia was in Silas' Bunnies class last year and is an absolute doll. She has a personality that is bigger than life and is probably the smartest little girl I've ever met. I knew she'd be easy to photograph, but wasn't prepared for the little model that showed up, creating a new pose for me every few seconds. Betsy and I could not stop laughing at her - it was too cute for words. So I was so glad I had the chance to do this today, because her sweetness really brightened my day. See a few of the photos from the shoot below.
















Again, after a long week and another evening with Dusty shooting his project with Turning Point, a kick back evening sounds fantastic. Silas decided that we should have a Popcorn Party. He absolutely loves helping me make the popcorn, meaning he gets to pour it into the air popper, put the lid on and watch it pop. Somehow watching it pop never gets old - I love how something so simple makes him so happy. As he was sitting on the counter, grabbing a few bites before it was even finished, he kept telling me how tasty the popcorn was. Silas is all the time trying out new words, and I think he must have recently heard this word because he told me about 10 times, "Ohhh, this is so tasty, Mommy!" When we were finished, he decided that we would have a picnic. He went and grabbed his Lightning blanket out of his room and put it on the floor. He then told Eli, "E, sit down and eat your popcorn and we will have a Popcorn Picnic Party." Sounds good to me. Now, we're watching A Bug's Life, as the clocks ticks down to bed-time. Thank goodness for a quiet evening.





0 Comments