Some letters to my two wonderful boys!

I've been working on Silas and Eli's photo books. I want to do it as sort of a baby book - but this way I can have one for me and one for them! So every once in awhile I try to write them a letter....so this is the most current. I wish I did it more often, but am glad that I have the ones that I do because I know that I and hopefully they will cherish the thoughts one day!

Silas-

I remember the day I found out I was pregnant with you. Such an array of emotions passed through me - I was excited and scared all at the same time. What kind of a mommy would I be? What would I have, a boy or a girl? What would you look like? Daddy simply didn’t believe it at first. I think it took a lot longer for him to process - in fact, I’m not sure it really hit him until he laid his eyes on you! We were so excited to find out what we were having that we took a DNA test and when I was 7 weeks along we found out you were a BOY! And we knew you would be Silas. There was never another question about your name - we just knew it from the very beginning. It was quite possibly the longest months of my life, preparing for your arrival. I recently was thinking that if you want to slow down time, get pregnant. If you want to speed it up, have kids! Now I look at you and you will be three in a month. Where has the time gone?

I remember the day I had you. After you were delivered, I didn’t get to see you for probably at least 15 minutes. Your cord was around your neck so they immediately checked you out to make sure everything was okay. Daddy kept running back and forth between the curtain to see you and then over to me to tell me little things like, “he has so much hair”, “he is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen”, etc. Someone told me later that he kept leaning over and whispering in your ear, “I’m your daddy”. That just melts my heart thinking about it! So I finally got to see you for the first time and I thought you were the most beautiful thing I had ever laid my eyes on. You changed my life forever!

You have taught me so many things in the past three years. You have helped me to see things more through the eyes of a child. You liven up the room with your funny sense of humor, silly dance moves and just the sweet sound of your voice. You are hilarious and keep me and daddy on our toes, not knowing what you’ll do or say next. You hold such a special place in my heart that I never knew was there before...now I cannot imagine a day without you! You and I have always had a special relationship because you have always been a little partial to mommy. Even as a little baby you wanted mommy for everything. You wouldn’t let many people hold you. But now its fun watching your relationship with daddy develop, because you really are beginning to look up to him and want to be with him more and more. I love to watch the two of you together...it’s simply one of my favorite things.

You have the sweetest little face in the world. You are pretty much irresistible and you know it. You are very much a perfectionist and have to have things just so. If you spill a drop of water on yourself you freak out. Which also means, you don’t like getting in trouble. You always try to avoid it by doing something funny when mommy or daddy are trying to punish you. I say try, because sometimes we mess up and start laughing at you and then you really think that’s great. Not only are you adorable on the outside, but also on the inside; you have such a soft heart. You love to snuggle, love to laugh and play with your baby brother, love it when mommy comes into your room at night and ask me to “pease lay down just for a minute”. Just yesterday you told mommy that I was pretty. When I’m away from you for even an hour, as soon as I see you, I smile. You definitely have your little quirks, but I love you inside and out. I love you deep and high and wide, Silas Daniel Sniff. I thank God everyday that I get to be your mommy! You have changed my life forever - for the better - and I LOVE YOU!

Eli-

My sweet, sweet Eli. You are my little surprise. I remember being so incredibly shocked to find out I was having you and didn’t know how to feel. I knew I would love you, I just didn’t think I was ready for another baby yet! I am SO glad God’s plans are better than mine, because you add such another dimension to our little family. When I found out I was pregnant, for some reason I thought it would be a girl, but I deep down wanted another little boy. I was so excited when we found out you were you - a boy! It took us awhile to decide on a name for you because we had not had one picked out like we did for Silas beforehand. But soon enough, we knew we would name you Eli Jackson. Everyone we told just adored the name! I couldn’t wait for you to come!

So the day finally came and I was induced almost three weeks early. I had you and got to hold you for a few minutes and then you were taken away to the Special Care nursery because of your breathing. After I recovered a little bit, I came to see you and was devastated to see you hooked up to a bunch of cords and a breathing tube and was not allowed to hold you. I remember just placing my hand on your back and touching your soft skin, with a tear falling down my face. I just wanted to hold you and take you home. The first time I got to hold you in the nursery, I held you so close to my chest and put your little cheek to mine. I told you over and over how much I loved you and that I was going to take you home so soon. You stayed in there for almost a week and were finally able to meet your big brother for the very first time. Silas was SO excited to meet you and fell in love with you immediately. He would hold you for probably twenty minutes at a time and took special care of you. The first couple months of having you were pretty stressful because you were not gaining weight like you should. You had everyone worried for awhile, but you eventually came around.

Finally your little personality began to show and everyone fell in love with you all over again. You are always smiling - almost flirting with people to get them to pick you up. You are a little doll! When no one is around I always sing to you, “You are my Sunshine”, because you just make my heart happy. I don’t know how anyone could be around you and not smile, as you truly light up the room. I love, love, love watching you and Silas together. He loves to boss you around sometimes, will often take your toys and likes to tell you what to do - but, he also loves to make you laugh and you love to laugh at him. Sometimes he still wants to hold you and likes to give you your “ba ba” or rocks you in your car seat. He is incredibly protective of you and doesn’t like it when someone has you that he doesn’t know well. I think you two will love playing together as you grow up. Your relationship is very special!

You are growing so fast that its really hard to believe. You are really big for your age and everyone always thinks you are older. But, you are still my little baby. I love to hold you and just watch you sleep sometimes, just soaking in the moment. I think I really learned from the first time around how fast it goes by, so I guess maybe I try to steal little moments with just the two of us. You bring out a whole other side of me than Silas, as you are wonderfully and uniquely different! I didn’t realize being a mommy could do that, but both of you are so special in your own ways. It’s funny because I love you both as your own person and for different reasons - but I love you equally and the same! It’s amazing how that works.

You are SO lovable and cuddly and make my heart melt. I also thank God everyday that I get to be your mommy, Eli. I LOVE YOU and cannot wait to watch you continue to grow with each new day. I am excited to watch you learn to walk and talk - and hear your wonderful thoughts. But for now, I love the little baby that you are and will cherish every second!

I LOVE YOU BOTH!!

- Mommy

0 Comments