I can't sleep, so I can blog
It's funny how when I'm exhausted and the kids are actually sleeping, I cannot sleep! At least I can blog. Speaking of, I'm finding it hard to not be disappointed in my blogging efforts. When I started this up I really wanted to try to blog every day. I have been incredibly unsuccessful. I feel sort of out of touch with everything right now! First of all, we haven't had cable for quite awhile now...I think since November. So, I feel like I don't know much of what's going on because I'm not watching the news everyday like I used to. And I haven't found much time for the internet lately. I am incredibly addicted to Facebook, but really have been so behind on that too! I continually check it on my phone, but seems like I don't have much time to just sit down in front of the computer to do anything.
Our whole house has been sick the past couple weeks. It all began with Dusty getting bronchitis. Then Eli got an ear infection, then I got one and finally Silas got one. It's crazy to me that that three of us had ear infections and they are not contagious! Pretty random, especially since I haven't had one since I was a kid. I felt like I was five because you just don't hear of adults getting them too often. Seems like this cold that has been going around is pretty nasty. When I took Silas in the other night the doctor told me that it seems to be lasting for about 10 days. I am convinced that Eli, Silas and I all had bronchitis too because we have all had terrible coughs, I could feel it in my chest, and apparently it's pretty contagious. But when I went to the doctor I figured there wasn't much point in getting an x-ray since it's viral and there's nothing you can do but wait it out. Ha, I guess the only point would be to get sympathy but I don't have time for that!
So since the kids have been sick and we are going to Disneyland this weekend I have stayed home the past two days. I figured Silas needed to get his rest and I have learned that school seems to be a sick factory! It's interesting that people just don't have time to be sick. We all have expectations whether it's work, family, our own schedule, etc. that it's so inconvenient. The bad thing is if we stayed home to rest then we'd probably get well much faster, rather than dragging it out for days. Plus, then we expose everyone else to our sickness...which is annoying. Funny how it drives me crazy when people bring their sick kids to school, but then when my kids get sick most of the time I have my kids there too. There have been several kids in Silas' class that have been AT SCHOOL with pneumonia. I mean really, how insane is that?!
Anyway, what I was gonna say before I got started on that was the past two days have been never-ending! I don't know why I get so restless at home. Maybe it's because it takes more energy to keep the boys occupied for that long at home than to be out and about doing something. I feel like maybe if I didn't have the boys I'd enjoy being at home more because I could kick back and relax...but I assure you, none of that goes on with two little boys! It's almost funny to think about. I'm always doing something with one of them. I never realized though how much I need to be around people. It is true that once you have little kids you get to the point where you just want to talk to someone other than your two year old!! It's funny the things you talk about when you are a mom. I was laughing the other day because we had gone over to Josh and Nichole's house and Nichole and I were talking about something...oh yeah, how many teeth Carson and Eli have. I mean really, "my kid has two teeth, how many does yours have?". Ha ha...and then tonight (I guess last night rather) I was at Mark and Brenda's and Mel and I were talking about the nasty poopy diapers we had changed that day. Ha ha, like I said...the things you talk about when you become a mommy! So funny!! So in any case, sometimes you need some "adult" conversation. And by adult, I just mean anything not having to do with poop or the number of teeth my baby has...although I must admit it does make for some interesting conversations and funny stories.
So anyhow, as I said before, we are going to Disneyland again this weekend with the whole family. And by whole family, I mean the whole family...like all 40 of us. Or how ever many we are up to now? The kids seem to be multiplying like crazy! There are 8 kiddos now, with two more on the way. And to think the first was born not even four years ago. So last year our Christmas gift was a cruise to Alaska and this year Grandma and Papa got the whole family Disneyland passes and we're staying at the Disneyland hotel for a couple nights. Great idea! It will be a blast and it's the gift that keeps giving since we got new passes. Yay for Disneyland passes! So lucky it worked out that ours JUST expired a week ago. We LOVE going. I do need to pack though. I was just thinking maybe that's why I can't sleep because I'm thinking about everything I need to bring. I really have to think about packing with the boys, because it's not just throwing in clothes. I need to make sure I have bottles, formula, enough diapers for three days, wipes, toys and/or activities for when Silas gets bored in the car, extra outfits in case Eli poops or pees through his clothes, swimsuits, swim diapers, sunscreen, etc. The list is endless really. You have to prepare for anything and everything. Not that we couldn't stop at the store if I forgot something, but still...you don't want to buy something you could have brought. Especially if its something like a swimsuit (which I forgot last time we went so Silas didn't get to go swimming at the hotel)! Bad mommy! I REALLY had to be prepared though when we went on the cruise, seeing as how you can't just stop at Target if you happen to forget something.
Alright, well I'm sort of not writing about anything profound so I presume I should try to get a little sleep before the kids wake! So this is it for now...but hopefully not for too long. I am determined to resume my blogging to a much more regular basis!! Wish me luck (or time!!).
Goodnight!
Our whole house has been sick the past couple weeks. It all began with Dusty getting bronchitis. Then Eli got an ear infection, then I got one and finally Silas got one. It's crazy to me that that three of us had ear infections and they are not contagious! Pretty random, especially since I haven't had one since I was a kid. I felt like I was five because you just don't hear of adults getting them too often. Seems like this cold that has been going around is pretty nasty. When I took Silas in the other night the doctor told me that it seems to be lasting for about 10 days. I am convinced that Eli, Silas and I all had bronchitis too because we have all had terrible coughs, I could feel it in my chest, and apparently it's pretty contagious. But when I went to the doctor I figured there wasn't much point in getting an x-ray since it's viral and there's nothing you can do but wait it out. Ha, I guess the only point would be to get sympathy but I don't have time for that!
So since the kids have been sick and we are going to Disneyland this weekend I have stayed home the past two days. I figured Silas needed to get his rest and I have learned that school seems to be a sick factory! It's interesting that people just don't have time to be sick. We all have expectations whether it's work, family, our own schedule, etc. that it's so inconvenient. The bad thing is if we stayed home to rest then we'd probably get well much faster, rather than dragging it out for days. Plus, then we expose everyone else to our sickness...which is annoying. Funny how it drives me crazy when people bring their sick kids to school, but then when my kids get sick most of the time I have my kids there too. There have been several kids in Silas' class that have been AT SCHOOL with pneumonia. I mean really, how insane is that?!
Anyway, what I was gonna say before I got started on that was the past two days have been never-ending! I don't know why I get so restless at home. Maybe it's because it takes more energy to keep the boys occupied for that long at home than to be out and about doing something. I feel like maybe if I didn't have the boys I'd enjoy being at home more because I could kick back and relax...but I assure you, none of that goes on with two little boys! It's almost funny to think about. I'm always doing something with one of them. I never realized though how much I need to be around people. It is true that once you have little kids you get to the point where you just want to talk to someone other than your two year old!! It's funny the things you talk about when you are a mom. I was laughing the other day because we had gone over to Josh and Nichole's house and Nichole and I were talking about something...oh yeah, how many teeth Carson and Eli have. I mean really, "my kid has two teeth, how many does yours have?". Ha ha...and then tonight (I guess last night rather) I was at Mark and Brenda's and Mel and I were talking about the nasty poopy diapers we had changed that day. Ha ha, like I said...the things you talk about when you become a mommy! So funny!! So in any case, sometimes you need some "adult" conversation. And by adult, I just mean anything not having to do with poop or the number of teeth my baby has...although I must admit it does make for some interesting conversations and funny stories.
So anyhow, as I said before, we are going to Disneyland again this weekend with the whole family. And by whole family, I mean the whole family...like all 40 of us. Or how ever many we are up to now? The kids seem to be multiplying like crazy! There are 8 kiddos now, with two more on the way. And to think the first was born not even four years ago. So last year our Christmas gift was a cruise to Alaska and this year Grandma and Papa got the whole family Disneyland passes and we're staying at the Disneyland hotel for a couple nights. Great idea! It will be a blast and it's the gift that keeps giving since we got new passes. Yay for Disneyland passes! So lucky it worked out that ours JUST expired a week ago. We LOVE going. I do need to pack though. I was just thinking maybe that's why I can't sleep because I'm thinking about everything I need to bring. I really have to think about packing with the boys, because it's not just throwing in clothes. I need to make sure I have bottles, formula, enough diapers for three days, wipes, toys and/or activities for when Silas gets bored in the car, extra outfits in case Eli poops or pees through his clothes, swimsuits, swim diapers, sunscreen, etc. The list is endless really. You have to prepare for anything and everything. Not that we couldn't stop at the store if I forgot something, but still...you don't want to buy something you could have brought. Especially if its something like a swimsuit (which I forgot last time we went so Silas didn't get to go swimming at the hotel)! Bad mommy! I REALLY had to be prepared though when we went on the cruise, seeing as how you can't just stop at Target if you happen to forget something.
Alright, well I'm sort of not writing about anything profound so I presume I should try to get a little sleep before the kids wake! So this is it for now...but hopefully not for too long. I am determined to resume my blogging to a much more regular basis!! Wish me luck (or time!!).
Goodnight!
0 Comments