to Eli on your ninth birthday..
My sweet Eli Jackson,
I mean, I gotta start by saying how are you nine? It wouldn't be fitting if I didn't, because we all know me and I'm that mom that cries every year because you guys just won't stop growing up. But seriously, you are a gem. Literally, one in a million bazillion. You've been our little sunshine since day one. On May 28, 2008 at 12:28 a.m. you entered our world and filled it with absolute joy. I vaguely remember getting a glance at you before you were wheeled off to the NICU. I had had a full day of labor and waited til the very last second to get an epidural. It didn't kick in until after you were born, so I wasn't able to see you for about seven hours {until I could walk}{and then I had to wait for the shift change}. You came out grunting. I was told you hadn't stopped the whole time you'd been there. I walked over, having no idea what you looked like and fell in love. At 8 pounds, you were easily the biggest baby in there. I put my hand on your back and suddenly, you were quiet. You've always been a cuddle bug so thinking back to this, it doesn't really surprise me. You just needed to feel loved.
And that, my sweet boy... you are. You are so, so loved. To know you is to know love. I say it all the time about you, but you are so pure of heart. You have a heart of gold. You are quiet, you are introvert, you are diligent in all your tasks. Anyone that gets to know you knows just how endearing you are. We called you love bug from the beginning and that couldn't have been more fitting.
Your favorite subject is math and you're a whiz at it! You are so very smart and ace every subject with flying colors. Your all time favorite food is corn, you've wanted to be a ninja for as long as I can remember, and you are fascinated with China. You love to read, of course play video games {because who doesn't in our family, except me}, and have a newfound interest in miniature golf. You just finished third grade and I. just. can't. believe. it.
Eli, I pray that God will make you bold. I pray that you will find confidence and strength in the amazing abilities God has given you. You can do anything through Him, who gives you strength. I pray that you will not walk, but soar. There's no doubt in my mind that you are special and I absolutely cannot wait to see how God uses you. I pray you know how much you are loved by us and by Him. Always and forever, no matter what. I love you my sweet sunshine.
Love, Mom
You can watch your birthday video, here.

0 Comments