photo a day, nine. {hope}

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer."
-Romans 12:12

Oh, this is so good.  Hope.  If we did not have hope, what would be the point?  

hōp/, noun
1. a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.
2. a feeling of trust.

At our lowest of lows, there is hope.  The promise of what is to come.  Expectation "while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13).  There is always reason to rejoice, and I am learning this more and more.

Because we have hope, and the more we lean into Christ, the more evident the fruits of the Spirit will be in our lives - one of which is patience.    He is what gets us through times of tribulation.  "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."  (Philippians 1:6)  

Be constant in prayer.  Not just in the morning, or in the evening, but as you go about your life.  I think this is a constant conversation.  More and more I find myself just talking out loud - perhaps being at home with a newborn will do that to ya.  It is glorious, but it is also oh so hard (the isolation, her reflux discomfort, the lack of sleep, etc.)  I am ever so tired.  And, I love it.  But I also need His strength.  This has been such a unique time in my life due to various reasons, but God has given me so much peace and perspective throughout it.  And I love what He is teaching me, and what I am learning.

This is *the* best.  I love seeing her personality develop.  I love when she smiles and when she coos.  I love that she responds when we talk to her.  And if you cannot tell, she has grown to love her bath time!

0 Comments