you know you're over being pregnant when...
Put a fork in me, I am d-o-n-e. Over it. I'm in this "I want to cry, have to give myself a pep talk every morning to get through the day, feel like a slug, need this baby out now frame of mind". It is truly pathetic, I tell ya. Of course that is not an actual choice, nor do I like to admit weakness. But here I am, fully admitting that this pregnancy has been a struggle for me and the next thirty five days cannot go by fast enough.
Pregnancy seems so glamorous and and wonderful when I'm not pregnant. It's completely worth it after the fact. Heck, I even love labor... it's just the whole 9 months leading up to it. If anyone, and I mean anyone hears me say anything regarding a baby, sees me look at a baby, or say anything remotely positive about being pregnant after the next thirty five days, remind me of this. I do not want to be pregnant again... ever. For the sake of my sanity, and e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e around me, remind me of this. And don't get me wrong - I am not trying to minimize how grateful I am for our sweet little Eva, the miracle that pregnancy is, or how fortunate we have been to have four beautiful, amazing children. They are nothing but a true gift from God! But with all that being said and you are nearing the end, you know you're over being pregnant when...
- You literally roll out of bed because sitting up from a laying down position is just not possible.
- You drive your minivan with your seat half way reclined.
- You carry a bottle of tums in your purse.
- You've lost count of how many times you've gone to the restroom by like 7:00 a.m.
- Your sweet, precious son looks at you and comments, "You know what's funny? You're clothes are gonna be so stretched out after all this..." {blank stare}{no comment}
- Eating has become a chore.
- Grapes give you heartburn.
- There is no such thing as getting enough sleep or feeling rested.
- When your kids know what "pregnancy brain" is, have a nickname for it, and reference it at appropriate times... which may be most of the time, because you really can't think straight about anything anymore. "It's okay mom, it's the PB..."
- When you are out of breath... just sitting down.
- When your apple watch says "You did not meet your move goal one time last week" and suggests a ridiculous, more "realistic" number to set your move goal at for the following week that certainly even a sloth could achieve. {hanging my head in shame...}{embarrassing}
- When you know the calendar backwards and forwards until your due date - how many days of school left, what day of the week any given day falls on, every single scheduled appointment until delivery, etc.
- When leggings and dresses have become an essential in your wardrobe. It's not that you can't button those pants - it's just not comfortable or worth it.
-When you get asked "how are you doing?" about 100 times per day.
- When people do ask "how are you doing?", you just laugh, because how do you even answer that honestly? Or, you just respond with... "thirty five days..."
- When your 4 year old looks at your belly in shock and says, "WOAH! Mommy, you gotta squeeze her out NOW!!"
- When you think of all the things you want to say in response to the daily critique of the size of your pregnant belly. {eye roll}{yes, I know I look huge today... thank you}
- When you are writing a blog post complaining about being pregnant...
![]() |
| come out Eva, come out... okay, well not for 35 days... we are all praying the time passes quickly!! |
| hey guess what... 4 days have passed since I took this. looking for all the positives, people ;) |
![]() |
| well, at least we can have fun with snapchat filters... |


0 Comments