the end is in sight.
Seriously cannot believe it's June. Because Dusty and I both work at schools, I feel like our time is marked by the ending of another school year. My job, in particular, is so event driven that there's always something big around the corner - so the time really flies.
School will be out next week and I'll immediately begin to prepare our back to school packet and teacher packets for the new year. Then comes teacher in-service, orientation, back to school picnic, open house, fall festival, Thanksgiving feast, Christmas photos and play, our candy sale, spirit week & field day, Valentine's, spring break, Easter, Mother's Tea, Father's Day Picnic, summer camp registration, award ceremonies, last day of school beach party, graduation, and thus - the cycle continues.
May is probably our craziest month as a family, so the general consensus is - we're tired. It seems like we are all moving in slow motion, but we will cross the finish line. There are five more days of school. We probably haven't done our reading "homework" in well over a month, I'm not sure the last time I opened their backpacks {thus there could be anything in there, mind you}, their folders are piled high with papers, and their uniforms are about worn out. Both of their backpacks are hanging on by a thread and I've been counting the days 'til I can take them directly from the backseat to the trash can. They've had "oops lunches" several times per week the past month, which means I haven't been making lunches. Oops. But hey - at least they make it to school on time. And I promise, I'm not the only one that is D-O-N-E. You can see it written all over the student's, parent's, and teacher's faces. We are all attempting to survive til the last day at this point.
Besides all that, my kids won't stop growing. The nerve. Ready or not, I will have three kids in school come next year. Not sure how that happened, but J will be in the 2 year old Bunnies class. {Not sure how I feel about that.}{Okay, I lied - I'm sad.} Nonetheless, here's what we've been up to.
School will be out next week and I'll immediately begin to prepare our back to school packet and teacher packets for the new year. Then comes teacher in-service, orientation, back to school picnic, open house, fall festival, Thanksgiving feast, Christmas photos and play, our candy sale, spirit week & field day, Valentine's, spring break, Easter, Mother's Tea, Father's Day Picnic, summer camp registration, award ceremonies, last day of school beach party, graduation, and thus - the cycle continues.
May is probably our craziest month as a family, so the general consensus is - we're tired. It seems like we are all moving in slow motion, but we will cross the finish line. There are five more days of school. We probably haven't done our reading "homework" in well over a month, I'm not sure the last time I opened their backpacks {thus there could be anything in there, mind you}, their folders are piled high with papers, and their uniforms are about worn out. Both of their backpacks are hanging on by a thread and I've been counting the days 'til I can take them directly from the backseat to the trash can. They've had "oops lunches" several times per week the past month, which means I haven't been making lunches. Oops. But hey - at least they make it to school on time. And I promise, I'm not the only one that is D-O-N-E. You can see it written all over the student's, parent's, and teacher's faces. We are all attempting to survive til the last day at this point.
Besides all that, my kids won't stop growing. The nerve. Ready or not, I will have three kids in school come next year. Not sure how that happened, but J will be in the 2 year old Bunnies class. {Not sure how I feel about that.}{Okay, I lied - I'm sad.} Nonetheless, here's what we've been up to.
| J's personality gets bigger by the day. Don't mind him - he's just relaxing in his stroller eating a snack. |
| And, in the backseat with a snack. |
| We kicked back at the beach last weekend. |
| And ate at our fave place, Souplantation. |
| And maybe took a Sunday afternoon nap - because we could. |
| And, were exhausted come Monday morning. |
| But still had time to form a "brother club" |
| and be mischievous. |
| And more mischievous. |
| And play some Minecraft for a little fun. |
| And finish up the soccer season. |
| And get a certificate {looking pretty cute doing it!} |
| And cute again. |
| And even more mischievous. |
0 Comments