life lately: a visit from Mamaw and lots of other happenings
How cute is my baby boy "talking"? Did you hear him say "hello"?? So, stinking CUTE!
I've run out of excuses, you guys. But, here is my excuse, nonetheless.
Plain and simple - working full-time, being a mommy to three boys and all the other hundred things I do throughout the day makes life crazy. There's just no way around it. Blogging {right now} is at the bottom of my list. The bottom of my thoughts, really. When I finally get the kids in bed, the only thing I'm thinking is that it's time to melt into my bed. I may be asleep before my head actually hits the pillow. The concept of reviewing the days events in a post or documenting any cohesive thought or brilliant ideas I've had that day is almost laughable. Or that I had any brilliant ideas, really.
Ha ha. {sarcastic laugh}
Put it this way, I have photos on my hard drive from a week ago that I haven't even touched. Pictures of my kids in their cute Halloween costumes. Nothing. Nada. Unedited. And you know how I am about photos.
A long story, less long, in some bullet points, to sum up life lately.
* My mom came in town to surprise the boys for their annual Fall Festival.
* It was way too short.
* But, it gave me a nice little break and much needed time with her.
* I don't think I ever told you guys that Jeremiah is walking. Full on, big boy, walking tall and proud. He's growing up before my eyes each day.
* Dusty has had Spirit Week at school this week and it's been quite the entertainment for all of us. His costumes have been great.
* Halloween is tomorrow. I feel like it's already passed, due to the kids already having dressed up twice already. But, alas - it is tomorrow.
* We had a pumpkin carving contest at my in-laws last night. Each big kid got to carve a pumpkin (with or without an adult partner) and we let you {a.k.a. Facebook and Instagram friends} cast the vote of the anonymous carved pumpkins. The results are in, and the big winner is... {See below}
| What happens when you leave your husband watching the baby... |
| Jeremiah's first 'school' photo. Silas & Eli's to come! |
| Oh, ya know - the boys just having an after school "dance party" |
| Jeremiah thinks he owns our campus at school. |
| And he is Mr. Big Stuff. Look at him walk! |
| A moment of serene for me in a quiet car, with only 1 kid - that was sleeping! |
| Hello Mamaw! Skipping school for Chuck E Cheese after we surprised them at school! |
| My two big turkeys! |
| Chinese Chicken Salad. #yum |
| "What? I'm just enjoying a cupcake with Mamaw!" p.s. Mom - I have yet to edit the real photos! Soon. |
| At the pumpkin patch on his first train ride. The conductor was WILD! |
| He wasn't big enough to ride the train alone, so mommy had to squeeze on that tiny seat! |
| Cutest little pumpkin in the patch. |
| They boys got quite the kick out of feeding the goats! |
| Like father, like son. Playing iPads together. |
| Dusty as "Willie Robertson" for Duck Dynasty Day. |
| Entertaining this boy for a brief moment at work with "the gummy bear song" |
| Eli was tired. To say the least. |
| Breakfast for dinner. Fast, easy and TASTY. |
| This child is something else. My other two boys combined are not as nuts! |
| He fell in a puddle and ended up with no clothes. He didn't mind. Who needs clothes? |
| Dusty as Walt Disney for Disney Day. |
| The four pumpkins! The apple = Silas, The happy face = Zoe, the scary face = Maddy and the shark = Eli. |
| Eli is the proud winner of ten buckaroos! He is rich! |
0 Comments