to Silas on your twelfth birthday,

Sweet boy {okay, almost man},

You are such a joy in our lives and you have been since the very moment we met you.  I remember thinking that I had never seen anything so beautiful in all my life.  You took my breath away.

And, you still do.  Mostly because you always have me laughing.  You have the greatest sense of humor.  Your use of sarcasm, your quick wit, and your intelligence make you quite the character to be around.  Many of my best conversations are with you and I am so happy to say that you are not only my son, but a great friend.  

I love our inside jokes, the fact that you can give me a look and I know exactly what you are thinking, and that your face lights up when you see me when I show up at school.  I love how you are growing and how you are wise beyond your years, but you are also still loving and not embarrassed to give me a hug.  I love when you announce to people, "That's my mom!" -- even though you are trying to embarrass me, I wear that as a badge of honor.  

You have a great heart.  I see it every day.  I see it when you play with your sister, when you help your brothers, when you run up to me and give me a hug and tell me you love me.  Though you are getting bigger by the second (literally) and will be taller than me soon, you will always be my baby.  The sweet boy that made me a momma.  I will always hear your toddler voice in my head and cherish the amazing times we have had together.  It's hard to even write this without my eyes filling with tears, because you are such a special young man.  I could fill the page and not say enough about you. I (we) are so very proud of the man you are becoming.

I pray for you, Silas.  I pray that you will seek after the Lord with all your heart.  I pray that you will believe and know that God has a huge purpose and plan for your life.  I pray that you choose to follow Him daily.  I have no doubts in my mind that you are destined for great things.  You are so perfectly Silas and it's an honor to be your mom.  I love you with all my heart.

I hope you have the happiest of birthdays. Twelve years seems like a blink.  But, the best blink ever.  I love you!

All my heart, 

Mom



 


0 Comments