easter festivities & spring break.
It's Spring Break.
For two weeks.
I'm not sure who is more excited - the boys, or me! Granted, I will still be working some, but the normal schedule of leaving the house by 7:00 a.m. and getting home anywhere between 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. will be non-existent for two whole weeks. Did I mention our break is two weeks? Sorry, it's just much needed at this point.
Today was our last day and to top it off, it was only a half day. We celebrated with all our Easter festivities including chapel, egg hunts, games {set up sort of like a halloween carnival}, food, etc. You know, I rave about our school all the time. It is one of the hugest blessings in our lives and I cannot begin to explain how grateful I am for every person that works there, the amazing education, the environment, but most of all, the foundation. I love that my boys hear of Christ's love on a daily basis. I love that not only is it shared with them, but demonstrated to them. Writing about it seriously brings tears to my eyes.
One of my favorite times of the year is Easter. We have two chapels during our Easter week - what we call our "Cross Chapel" and then our "Celebration Chapel". On Wednesday, the students go to the cross chapel where we black out the room, everyone comes in quietly, and our administrator reads the story of the crucifixion. We sing a few songs and then each kid has a piece of paper where they have written down something they want to be forgiven for. As they walk out, they lay it at the cross.
On Friday, they come in and it doesn't look gloomy and dark - but glorious. It's beautiful. We celebrate with worship songs, read about the resurrection, and then each student receives their piece of paper back with "Paid in Full" stamped on it. I love it. It's a very simple, yet powerful demonstration of what Christ's death on the cross represents. I wish everyone could see it because hearing 300+ kids singing praise to God is beyond powerful, and again, tear jerking!
It was a great day, for sure! Here's a few more photos from our fun festivities.
We got home around noon and the boys decided to veg out. I guess I could have, but had some projects in mind. I guess Spring Break for me means spring cleaning, because I cleaned the entire house, did three loads of laundry, cleaned out the garage, and worked in the yard for 4 hours. And made dinner. It feels good, I tell ya. I'm starting the break with a bang! Now to get to those closets.
For two weeks.
I'm not sure who is more excited - the boys, or me! Granted, I will still be working some, but the normal schedule of leaving the house by 7:00 a.m. and getting home anywhere between 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. will be non-existent for two whole weeks. Did I mention our break is two weeks? Sorry, it's just much needed at this point.
Today was our last day and to top it off, it was only a half day. We celebrated with all our Easter festivities including chapel, egg hunts, games {set up sort of like a halloween carnival}, food, etc. You know, I rave about our school all the time. It is one of the hugest blessings in our lives and I cannot begin to explain how grateful I am for every person that works there, the amazing education, the environment, but most of all, the foundation. I love that my boys hear of Christ's love on a daily basis. I love that not only is it shared with them, but demonstrated to them. Writing about it seriously brings tears to my eyes.
One of my favorite times of the year is Easter. We have two chapels during our Easter week - what we call our "Cross Chapel" and then our "Celebration Chapel". On Wednesday, the students go to the cross chapel where we black out the room, everyone comes in quietly, and our administrator reads the story of the crucifixion. We sing a few songs and then each kid has a piece of paper where they have written down something they want to be forgiven for. As they walk out, they lay it at the cross.
On Friday, they come in and it doesn't look gloomy and dark - but glorious. It's beautiful. We celebrate with worship songs, read about the resurrection, and then each student receives their piece of paper back with "Paid in Full" stamped on it. I love it. It's a very simple, yet powerful demonstration of what Christ's death on the cross represents. I wish everyone could see it because hearing 300+ kids singing praise to God is beyond powerful, and again, tear jerking!
It was a great day, for sure! Here's a few more photos from our fun festivities.
![]() |
| Eli after his egg hunt. Such a sweetie. |
![]() |
| Jeremiah discovered the eggs too. He was a pro. |
![]() |
| Don't let that gloomy face fool ya - he had a blast. |
![]() |
| He loved his eggs, really! |
![]() |
| This face kills me. What a smirk! |
![]() |
| My three handsomes. J wasn't about to smile for me today! |
![]() |
| Okay, maybe a little grin because his Mimi said, "daddy's car". Here he is with his Grammy and cousins, Reagan & Quincy. |
![]() |
| The stayed up here just like this forever. They seriously wouldn't stop. So, I had to take a pic. |
![]() |
| Eli joined in! |
We got home around noon and the boys decided to veg out. I guess I could have, but had some projects in mind. I guess Spring Break for me means spring cleaning, because I cleaned the entire house, did three loads of laundry, cleaned out the garage, and worked in the yard for 4 hours. And made dinner. It feels good, I tell ya. I'm starting the break with a bang! Now to get to those closets.
.jpg)
.jpg)









0 Comments